Message Non-Alert Script:

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Update

I decided it was time for an update since the last time I wrote on this blog was when I was announcing I was pregnant. Well I am now 35.5 weeks and time is flying. I can't believe we are going to meet this little guy in a month. I'm feeling pretty good. Pretty big - but good. At my 35 week appointment I was dilated to a 2 and "pretty thin" (whatever that means) but I'm not counting on going into labor early. In fact I'm hoping not to go into labor before March. They are easier inside of you than out right? Plus I booked a wedding on February 22nd (I will almost be 39 weeks then). I know it probably seems crazy but I couldn't turn it down!
Today I went to Ijump with my sister and her kids and of course Lincon. You better believe that I was climbing up the slides and sliding down with my little buddy! I was getting some weird looks though - ha ha. 
We don't have a name picked out (that is the #1 question we get asked), but we have been throwing some around. I THINK we are leaning towards one over the rest but we probably won't tell anyone until he is born. We have waited this long - we might as well wait one more month!
I've been going on a organizing/nesting phase lately. Just trying to figure out how to fit 2 kids stuff in one room has been stressing me out. I went and bought a closet organizer and some totes to try and get things orderly. Otherwise we haven't spent very much because Linc and this little guy will be the exact same season so we are just reusing all of our clothes! I have a bought a few new outfits and of course need to get diapers and those kinds of things but I am grateful to be having another boy! It has taken some of the stress off of the bank account!
 
How far along? 35.5 weeks
Total weight gain: I think 15? They never tell me but according to my home scale I think it is that. Right now I'm on track to be the same weight I was with Linc. (I started out heavier on this one but haven't gained nearly as much so that is good).
Maternity clothes? Yep.
Stretch marks? It is hard to tell since I did get them with Linc it seems like my old ones have just extended slightly. Oh the joys.

Sleep: Not too bad. I'm waking up more frequently to use the bathroom. But I go right back to sleep.
Best moment this week:
I always enjoy hearing the heartbeat at my appointments. I think I'm lucky to say that I have pretty boring appointments though. Everything is right on track and no concerns :)
Miss Anything? It is hard picking up Lincon sometimes because the belly gets in the way.
Movement: Tons. This little guy is pretty strong.
Food cravings: At the beginning of this pregnancy nothing sweet sounded good but now (unfortunately) fruity or sour candy always sounds good. But most of the time still eating normal.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really anymore.
Gender: Boy

Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: None. I never get heartburn which is probably why I had a pretty bald baby. But honestly I think I would take a heartburn free pregnancy over a baby with a full head of hair. It grows eventually right?!
Belly Button in or out? It is actually still kind of in, but flattening out.
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Normal? I don't know you would have to ask Adam. I'm a pretty emotional person even when I'm not pregnant so I'm a mix of both.
Looking forward to: I'm honestly looking forward to spending this last month just Linc and I. I'm trying to get out and do fun things before his brother comes. That being said - I'm excited to meet this little one as well. Curious to see if he'll look anything like Linc.

2 comments:

  1. You look great Andrea! Can't wait to see pics of your new little guy when he comes!

    p.s. you are a good mama for still climbing up slides at the stage you are at! Lincoln is lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen you forever! I can't believe it's almost time for this guy to arrive. Yay! (this was fun to read. I know you'll be glad you wrote this down)

    ReplyDelete