Message Non-Alert Script:

Monday, February 25, 2013

Baby, School, and Birthday

This will be my last pregnancy update before baby boy makes his debut. I posted a picture on Instagram earlier today showing my 39 week belly. I had a doctors appointment today and it will be my last one! I was still dilated to a 4 and the doctor asked if I wanted to be induced. Although this whole pregnancy I have said that I was going to wait until my due date before being induced, the question was just TOO tempting! So that being said, if the little one doesn't come before Saturday, I am going to be induced bright and early Saturday morning, 2 days before my due date.
I know there are probably many moms that look down upon being induced but I was induced with Linc and had a great experience. My cervix is "favorable" as doc likes to call it and I sort of like the fact that I KNOW he will be here then. Plus when you have a kid already it is nice to already have planned out what will happen with him the day his brother comes.
Also, we have been asked many times if we have a name picked out. The answer is... Yes! But - - we are keeping it a secret until that day. Not for any particular reason (in fact close friends and family probably won't be surprised because it was one we were already thinking about) but I figure that we have waited this long, why not just wait till then?!

We also got some other great news today - Adam got accepted into Physical Therapy School at Northern Arizona University! They have 2 campuses, 1 in Flagstaff and 1 in Phoenix. He was accepted to go to Phoenix. Such a happy day. We are still waiting to hear from other schools and are not 100% sure about going yet but we are so relieved and grateful to have the option to go there. I am so proud of my husband. He has put in a lot of hard work to get to this point and it is so nice to finally see it paying off.



Linc turned 2 last week and it was a great day! We had cake and ice cream and he LOVED blowing out his candles. So much in fact that we probably did it 30 times in 2 days. He mostly got new clothes because I was still squeezing him in 18 month clothes and he got a few toys too :) He has his 2 year checkup this Wednesday so I will be post his stats (plus I'm going to do his 2 year photo shoot this week so I will make sure to post some of those as well). Although his terrible two's are kicking in, he is overall a good little boy and I can't believe how fast 2 years goes. I can't imagine my life without my little buddy and although I secretly hate him getting older, it is fun to see him learn new things.

1 comment:

  1. Lincoln is so dang cute. Don't you love little boys?! I would seriously take 4 more of Eli if they were just like him. You look great Andrea! Good luck on your delivery and I totally loved being induced too, makes it so much nicer to be able to plan! Can't wait to see your new little guy. Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete