Message Non-Alert Script:

Monday, November 8, 2010

24 weeks

The buddah (as Adam calls it), is getting bigger. Much much bigger. I had a traumatic experience with this growing belly this past weekend..... the beginning of my first stretch mark..... :( Although it is only a 1/4 inch long - I have the feeling it is the beginning of more to come.

Now normally I might be opposed to admitting how my body is changing, but I figured there are lots of mom's out there who have gone through this same experience and might have some advice. So the question is.... has anyone ever tried any stretch mark cream that actually worked??? I am willing to try something (because I know if I don't, I'll always wonder what if?), so if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it.

I hope nobody is taking this the wrong way - I do love my growing little boy and would do anything to have him here - but ya know.... it doesn't hurt to try :)

On an unrelated note, my little sister is engaged!

She is getting married Feb. 5 in the Idaho Falls temple and isn't wasting any time getting wedding stuff done. She has been engaged for a 9 days (I think) and already has the temple booked, the reception venue, a dress picked out and bought, and engagements done! We were able to go out yesterday and get some pictures done but quickly ran out of light due to daylight savings. We tried again today but it was very wet and cold! I still think we got some good ones. I am super excited my sister and am glad she can join me in the married world.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and your little boy. I totally know how you feel about the stretch marks. I had a really hard time with them but I didn't find anything that worked. I'm still looking. I had my little boy Saturday and really it's worth everything you go through but the changing body is really hard to accept some days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely aren't alone in this category! Watching the changes that happen to your body when you are pregnant can be really hard on your self esteem. The little babes are so worth it, but it doesn't mean it is easy. And unfortunately, it is worse on your body the second time around and I don't even want to think about the others after that! haha. As far as stretch marks go, you can always try a stretch mark cream. I just made sure to be diligent about applying a heavy cream (Cetaphil) every day, but unfortunately I still got them. However, maybe it helped lessen them...it doesn't hurt to do something.

    From my experience working at the Dermatology clinic there is no cream that will really take the stretch marks away. It is completely genetic :(

    Hang in there though girlie! They are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I don't remember when it was that my first one showed up, but I feel like after the first one, more and more came. (I guess I don't have a TON, but I feel like it!) I think something that I'll try with the next one is making sure I don't itch my belly so much (which will be difficult) and also being consistent and applying LOTS of good lotion! Good luck! Your little boy is going to be so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a cute pregnant girl! Love the pic. My nephew's nickname is Buddah - So funny. Glad to see you joined the blogging world! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and congrats to brynn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are so very cute so glad to see that belly starting to poke out a little bit and cute hair hope you guys are doing good love you both.

    ReplyDelete